Insight Works has just released Version 7.1 of our highly successful Shop Floor Insight add-on for Microsoft’s Dynamics 365 Business Central (formerly known as Dynamics NAV). At the top of the list of enhancements this version brings is added functionality to the Production Scheduler feature, one of the sexiest elements of the Shop Floor Insight experience – but this add-on is so much more than just a Production Scheduler; it’s a virtual way to say goodbye to manual time tracking for good.
And this is one of the biggest reasons Shop Floor Insight is such a popular product for Insight Works.
As a comprehensive solution for barcoded time capture, time and attendance and employee time management, Shop Floor Insight has been certified by Microsoft, which means it meets the software giant’s highest standards for Dynamic implementation. For our customers, it means that they can trust Shop Floor Insight to work seamlessly with their implementation of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central (again, formerly known as Microsoft Dynamics NAV).
With Shop Floor Insight, you can achieve:
- Elimination of manual time entry tasks via barcode scanning for production orders, jobs, service orders and fixed assets.
- Capture of operational data on the shop floor including consumption, output, scrap and quality.
- Recording of non-productive and rework time for advanced reporting purposes.
- Recording of time and attendance based on employee shifts with exception reporting.
- Automatic calculation of overtime and shift differentials for integration with payroll systems.
- Access via web browser to enable data entry from mobile devices in the field or on the shop floor.
In a nutshell, Shop Floor Insight is an application that enables you to automate the time collection process in manufacturing environments, and at the heart of it all is the aforementioned Production Scheduler. Why is this such a vital component of Shop Floor Insight, especially in light of the Version 7.1 introduction? For one, it makes viewing and managing schedules simple, with daily, weekly and annual schedules able to be viewed easily.
Add to that a graphical interface that displays all work currently scheduled, making it easy to identify conflicts, and a production view that’s highly interactive, and you have the making of a production tool that does far more than create schedules. Our Shop Floor Insight Version 7.1 bolsters a number of functionality protocols here, including:
- Hovering over any element in the Scheduler to display details
- Clicking on an element to highlight all other operations related to a particular production order
- Accessing Bill of Materials and Associated Information displayed data
- Increased interactivity for the production view
Put succinctly, with Shop Floor Insight, our comprehensive solution for barcoded time capture, time and attendance and employee time management, you’ll capture detailed time data using barcoded scanning for production orders, jobs, service orders and maintenance…and that’s just the beginning.
Users will obtain operational data on the shop floor or in the field, including feedback on:
Shop Floor Insight is packed with a ton of features, and it’s an affordable solution for any size business. Contact us to learn more about this product’s myriad of benefits and how it could be the perfect fit for your company.