The Honeywell Xenon™ Extreme Performance (XP) 1952g-bf area-imager scanner is Honeywell’s latest barcode scanner powered by supercapacitors – eliminating the battery for a green, environmentally friendly scanner. This powerhouse solution is capable of scanning over 450 barcodes on a single charge, and can be recharged in less than 60 seconds via a powered USB port.
- When fully charged, the scanner can typically scan over 450 UPC/EAN codes without the need for recharging – more than enough to check out 25 customers.
- Supercapacitors hold their charge for hours when fully charged. So operators who forget to place their scanner in the charger prior to break won’t impact operations upon return.
- Two independently configurable recharge alerts remind the operator to place the scanner back into the base for charging, ensuring continuous operation.
- The Xenon XP 1952g-bf scanner is fully charged in under two minutes with a simple USB connection, and under 30 seconds when a powered USB or external power supply is used.
- When the scanner is placed in the base, the ready-toscan LED typically flashes in less than 20 seconds to notify the operator that there is sufficient power to support over 100 scans
The Honeywell Xenon™ Extreme Performance (XP) 1952g-bf area-imager scanner incorporates the latest in battery-free technology, offering the freedom of Bluetooth® low-energy wireless technology without the maintenance hassles or long recharge time associated with traditional batteries. Like all other Xenon scanners, the Xenon XP 1952g-bf scanner delivers aggressive barcode scanning performance – even on poor-quality or damaged barcodes.
An integrated Bluetooth low-energy Class 2 radio gives users complete freedom of movement up to 10 meters (33 feet) from the base in a typical work environment. For added convenience, a paging system on the base activates auditory signals that help to locate a misplaced scanner. By eliminating the trip-hazard of tethered cables, the Xenon XP 1952g-bf scanner can provide a safer and more productive environment.
The scanner’s wireless technology completely eliminates the battery, replacing it with supercapacitors capable of achieving a full charge in less than two minutes via the USB port (under 30 seconds when using a powered USB port or external wall adapter) and typically providing at least 450 scans on UPC/EAN codes without recharging. This makes the Xenon XP 1952g-bf scanner ideal for applications centered around POS, workstations, and counters – for example, as the secondary scanner to a bioptic (in-counter) scanner, or in support of shipping and receiving functions at warehouses. With no battery, a common maintenance hassle is removed and the scanner is lighter and more environmentally friendly.
Built on the proven Xenon platform, the Xenon XP 1952g-bf scanner offers high-performance linear barcode scanning and the convenience of wireless – all without a battery.