Community Summit North America
October 12, 2021 - October 14, 2021
Insight Works is a proud Premier Sponsor of Community Summit North America 2021
Community Summit is the premier education and networking event for Microsoft Users and Partners in North America – offering valuable insights and practical ideas for increasing efficiency and overcoming challenges.
It’s intentionally created for technology professionals, system administrators, business analysts, developers and business professionals who are using or considering Microsoft Business Applications. Spend 2 days immersing yourself in real world training, problem solving with like-minded peers and learning from hundreds of industry experts.
Summit NA is packed with 300+ informative and educational sessions to help you do more with Microsoft Business Applications. Sessions are hands-on and cover Microsoft Power Platform and all versions of Dynamics 365 FO/AX, CE/CRM, BC/NAV or Dynamics GP, SL.
Join us for the following presentation during Community Summit 2021:
Light Manufacturing in Business Central: Choosing between Premium and Essential Licensing
Tue Oct 12, 3:00 PM – 3:50 PM CDT – GRBC – Third Floor, 351C
Business Central is a great tool for those in manufacturing. Both the Essential and Premium licensing models provide options depending on the complexity of the manufacturing process. Consultants and presales/sales should attend this session to learn the difference between the two license models and when to recommend each.
- Review the capabilities available to manufacturers in the Essentials license and how it differs from the Premium.
- Describe what Assembly Orders are and how to use them.
- Describe the difference between Assembly Orders and Production Orders.
- Understand when Assembly Orders should and should not be used.
- Describe how Assembly Orders integrate with other modules (sales, warehouse, planning).
Supply Planning in the Warehouse
Wed Oct 13, 9:30 AM – 10:20 AM CDT – GRBC – Third Floor, 330B
There’s always room to further improve and streamline warehouse inventory management. Join this session as we discuss inventory count best practices, the replenishment worksheet, using bulk area, movements, putaways, and the receiving dock.
How to Decide What Level of WMS to Implement
Thu Oct 14, 9:00 AM – 9:50 AM CDT – GRBC – Third Floor, 340A
Business Central isn’t a one-size-fits-all solution, rather, Business Central provides numerous configuration options for managing inventory and operating warehouses. What is Business Central capable of when it comes to warehouse configurations? Join this session and you’ll be presented with an overview of what questions to ask and what decisions will need to be made when implementing inventory and warehouse management in Business Central.
- Understand basic functionality including inventory put-aways, picks, & movements.
- Delve into advanced features including warehouse receipts, various worksheets, bins the warehouse item reclassification journal and more.
- What level of warehouse configuration is right for your client?
Supercharge Business Central for Manufacturing & Distribution
Thu Oct 14, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM CDT – GRBC – Third Floor, 330B
Dynamics 365 Business Central for manufacturing and distribution provides a good foundation to help manage operations. However, those that need more functionality will turn to 3rd party apps to supercharge their Business Central platform. Join this session and see what is possible when combining Business Central with apps from Insight Works, including:
- Advanced finite capacity scheduling,
- Barcoded time capture and employee time management,
- Mobile device integration to perform warehouse tasks,
- A shipping solution for real-time rate shopping, package management, and tracking,
- Simplified inventory counts and reduced count times, and
- A suite of free apps that you can start using today.
For anyone working in manufacturing or distribution, this is one session you won’t want to miss!