Finance in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013
Training for MS Dynamics NAV
About this Course
This two-day instructor led course provides attendees with the tools to set up the financial management application area in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013. The focus is on the key financial functions within the organization such as the Cash Management, the management of VAT, Journal development and transactions, the General Ledger, and Receivables and Payables Management.
Course Objectives Include
- Explain and set up the fields on the General Ledger Setup window.
- Explain and set up Accounting Periods.
- Explain how to use the Chart of Accounts.
- Explain the elements of the G/L Account Card.
- Explain the general journal entry and posting system.
- Create and post general journal entries.
- Describe standard general journals.
- Show how to enter and post payments received from customers, by using cash receipt journals.
- Show how to enter and post payments to vendors by using the payment journal.
- Explain how to print and post payables checks.
- Review the Bank Account Reconciliation window and the options for populating the bank reconciliation lines.
- Show how to process a bank reconciliation.
- Set up Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 to use a payment tolerance.
- Set up Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 to use reminders.
- Explain how to create and issue reminders.
- Explain the requirements for setting up prepayments.
- Set up and assign prepayment General Ledger accounts.
- Close the accounting periods for the fiscal year.
- Complete the closing process by posting the general journal.
The primary audience is manufacturers who have implemented or are looking to implement Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013.
Attendees should have a basic understanding of financial terms and processes. A working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics NAV is useful but not required.
Dynamic Manufacturing Solutions can work with your schedule to provide NAV training in person or virtually. Contact us to schedule your training course today!