Shop Floor Data Collection Software for Dynamics NAV
Dynamics NAV Time Collection Module
The Insight Works Time and Shop Floor Data Collection Module for Dynamics NAV does away with the time and errors typically associated with manual data entry by using bar coding to save time and keep more accurate records…
For Manufacturing, Distribution, or Services companies that are facing high overhead costs associated with accurate worker time collection and payroll processing, the Time Collection Module for NAV can bring significant value. It integrates the power of bar coding technology with the advanced capabilities of Microsoft Dynamics NAV to create a solution that automates shop floor data collection, time collection and payroll integration for shop floor, office, and field service personnel.
Unlike other Time Tracking solutions for manufacturing and services that are expensive to purchase, difficult to implement, and have limited functionality that is rarely fully implemented or used, the Time Collection NAV module has an extremely short payback cycle. Eliminate manual time card and payroll data entry by unlocking the power of your Microsoft Dynamics NAV implementation.
Enhanced Time Collection Benefits
- Eliminate manual time entry with bar-code scanning for Production Orders, Jobs, Assembly Orders, and Maintenance;
- Capture operation data on the shop floor or in the field, including consumption output, scrap, and quality measures;
- Record non-productive and rework time for advanced reporting on utilization and quality;
- Record time and attendance based on employee shifts with expectation reporting;
- Multi-level time card approval from shop floor or NAV;
- Automatically calculate overtime, shift differentials, etc. for direct export to payroll systems; and
- Access via web browser to enable data entry from mobile devices in the field or shop floor.
- Features of Time Collection Dynamics NAV Module
- Bar-coded production orders and jobs to speed shop floor time collection while simultaneously reducing entry errors;
- Real-time reporting to evaluate job progression and costing – see employee names and time on production orders and jobs;
- Full MES option allows shop floor users to view linked documents, record production consumption and output, enter quality measures, view and enter production comments, and manage dispatch lists for jobs and production orders;
- Record time against fixed assets to capture asset maintenance costs;
- Ability to capture rework time improves visibility into often neglected cost areas;
- Intuitive user interface for the shop floor (emulates the look and feel of a paper time card) to speed adoption, reduce training, and reduce entry time and errors;
- Consistent user interface for office/salaried personnel to simplify tracking of non-shop time and attendance;
- Flexible organization hierarchy to allow for multi-level approvals of time;
- Collaboration tools allow the payroll department to communicate time card issues directly to responsible personnel;
- Simple and efficient tools for reviewing time entries and finding anomalies to reduce amount of time validating payroll;
- Configurable work types, payroll codes, project types, and shift patterns adapt to all potential workforce configurations;
- Customizable payroll rules for calculating overtime significantly reduce the effort required to validate payroll; and
- Integration with internal or external payroll systems eliminates manual double-entry to ensure accurate payroll processing.