Software Developer Employment Opportunity
We’re looking for an experienced Software Developer
Dynamic Manufacturing Solutions (DMS) is looking for a developer that fits our environment and works well with us, we are a small but growing Edmonton based company with approximately 20 employees.
DMS works primarily in the manufacturing, warehousing, and distribution industries to deliver Microsoft Dynamics ERP, IT Infrastructure, and custom software development solutions. We provide our clients with a full range of services to ensure that all aspects of a project, from network infrastructure to ERP implementation, are fully coordinated and executed smoothly.
Our staff is a mix of developers, infrastructure specialists, and ERP consultants. Our development work is usually oriented around an ERP called Dynamics NAV; sometimes we’re extending the ERP for a specific client, sometimes providing custom solutions that work beside it, and sometimes implementing our products that work with the ERP. The technologies are mixed depending on the best solution for our clients and often include custom .net components (c#), some mobile work (mostly Windows Mobile/Windows Embedded Handheld), ERP customizations (done in .Net and C/AL – similar to Object Pascal), SSRS reports, and often various web applications (usually done in .Net). You will be expected to quickly jump in, learn, and adapt between these environments.
For the second straight year, DMS has been recognized as one of Canada’s Top New Growth Companies as part of the 13th annual PROFIT HOT 50 ranking. The PROFIT HOT 50 is the definitive ranking of Canada’s Top New Growth Companies, (http://www.profitguide.com/microsite/profithot50/2012/48-Dynamic-Manufacturing-Solutions). DMS ranked 1st in the 2012 Fast Growth 50 as part of the annual ranking published by Alberta Venture Magazine. Published in the magazine’s January issue and online at albertaventure.com, the Fast Growth 50 is the definitive ranking of Alberta’s fastest growing companies. (http://albertaventure.com/2012/01/albertas-fast-growth-50-2011/)
- Develop new solutions using various technologies and development tools, including .Net, SQL Server, SharePoint, and Dynamics NAV.
- Maintain and support existing custom client code base.
- Develop, enhance, extend, and support DMS products.
- BSc in Computing, NAIT CNT, CST or equivalent diploma
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to work independently
- Experience with .Net and SQL Server, coupled with a strong emphasis on object-oriented design and implementation is preferred
- MS Dynamics NAV development or usage experience is a very large asset, but not a requirement
- General ERP development or usage experience is an asset
- Expert level MS office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) is preferred
- Experience with Business Intelligence concepts and systems is an asset
- High energy and results orientated with strong attention to detail