Android Developer Employment Opportunity
We’re looking for an Android Developer
Insight Works is an Edmonton based company and a leader in Operational Productivity Improvement through the efficient implementation of add-ons for Microsoft Dynamics NAV ERP business systems. Insight Works has focused their efforts on helping Manufacturing, Warehousing, and Distribution Companies get the most out of Microsoft Dynamics NAV ERP. This focus has helped Insight Works build up a depth of expertise not only in the constant evolving Microsoft and IT technology, it has helped Insight Works truly understand the impact a business system can have on a Manufacturing, Warehousing, or Distribution company. This experience has made Insight Works a leader in project execution and technology development.
We are looking to add a talented developer to our team that has proven experience with developing applications for Android devices.
Reporting to the Insight Works Manager the Android Application Developer is responsible for:
• Migrating the existing DMS Insight Works Windows Mobile applications to Android
• Enhancing, extending and supporting DMS Insight Works Android applications
• Supporting the integration between the Android applications and Dynamics NAV ERP
• Identifying customer needs and recommending appropriate customizations
• Documenting code customizations in compliance with established procedures
• Developing and implementing testing strategies to ensure quality is built into the DMS Insight Works products
• Delivering projects within predetermined timelines and budgets
• Accurately maintaining record of hours worked per assignment as per established procedures
• Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Engineering Technology (CNT), Computer Systems Technology (CST) or equivalent
• Ability to work with a dynamic team in a fast pace agile environment
• Experience developing mobile applications with a comprehensive understanding of mobile architecture and best practices
• Experience with C# development
• Demonstrated ability to develop high quality Android applications (you must have been a key contributor to developing at least one application).
• Excellent understanding and experience with user interface (UI) design
• Ability to work independently to solve problems effectively
• Results and detailed oriented
Nice to Have:
• Experience using Blockly for app design and development
• Experience with Dynamics NAV development and usage would be considered an asset
• Domain expertise in distribution and manufacturing considered an asset
Location: Preference will be given to candidates living in the Edmonton, Alberta area however strong candidates living throughout North America will be considered for relocation to Edmonton.
Compensation: Base Salary + generous employee benefits plan including full health, dental and travel insurance. We also off employees the opportunity to participate in our group RRSP plan where the company will match employee contributions (up to limit per month) and a discretionary annual profit sharing bonus that is based upon company profitability.
Job type: Full – time
About Insight Works: Insight Works is a Microsoft Gold Certified partner focused on implementing, integrating, customizing and supporting Microsoft Dynamics NAV providing businesses with greater control over their performance, working
Apply: Interested candidates are invited to submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: Position will remain open until ideal candidate is found